Tuesday 26 September 2023

labels

do photographers talk more about their work rather than actually doing it more than any other creative types? except poetry types obviously! lol but, facetiousness aside, i was quite interested in this in the way it talked about validation in relation to creative output. me, i don't publish/sell anything anymore, partly because, with visual art in particular, people kept keeping my money and/or my stuff, but mainly because that whole side of things just made me miserable.

am i lessened by it? in real terms, definitely not. i'm at a rich point in my 'creative journey' and living my best life. at the same time i haven't escaped my consumerist culture in that, if i'm not selling, am i really 'an artist'? not that bothered but interesting to think about 

No comments: