Friday 17 September 2010

victory

so my ancient amp finally gives up the ghost and we have a bit of a run into edinburgh to get a replacement, not least because the van's working again and t's under the weather so it did her good (well that along with the indian food i filled her up with!)

and then an amp, a piece of equipment which only just remains compatible with my so-called luddite tendencies, which sounds lovely yet i still have to operate with a remote control and, despite the myriad of technology, only has 3 inputs. what's all that about!?

but, to the point. as we lounge through our indian t mentions, almost absent mindedly, that maybe i'd care for a walk across the bridge on the way back. oh no, not me i protest but on the way back i find myself pulling in and getting out of the van in a very no time like the present manner.

and so we went off. i couldn't of course walk anywhere except the line that was equidistant from the yawning chasm on either side. and the mild breeze that was blowing was to me a gale that would pitch me to my doom with every gust. other than that it was fine. i could look out to the horizon no bother it was only looking down (or up. oh the up!) that caused me problems, a feeling of complete disorientation, akin to dizziness but without any sense of control. i didn't like it at all.

but it was useful. not least because t saw me in a state of somewhat lackadaisical fear but fear nonetheless. so i guess i'll do it again sometime. but not soon...!

4 comments:

Rachel Fox said...

Well done. That feeling you describe...familiar! I get it in all kinds of places...
x

swiss said...

all kinds of places? i don;t envy you that!

Rachel Fox said...

Wrote a wee poem about it way back. It's called 'float on' - on website, under distress!
The title of course comes from this. I loved that song!
x

swiss said...

wow, now that's what you call a suit!