Monday 11 March 2024

shooting in flat light

i feel very fortunate these days, as i'm playing with my digital camera (every frame a saving! lol) that my initial education re shutter speed and aperture came with my fully analogue zenit that i inherited back in my teens (initially with a light meter but then, sadly, not). there's nothing new or surprising in this video other than what's in this video needs explained. i guess if you can take a thousand shots, rather than 12/24/36, and then sort it in photoshop, it doesn't really matter. me, i've never given up the notion, that the shot is what you take at that moment in time and no jiggerypokery after! but, each to their own! this  is handy if you're not familiar whether it and, if you are, maybe a motivator to get put when the light's less good and challenge your technique 


*i'm looking at getting an old zenit again, not for film but so i can make mini tintypes. watch this space!

No comments: