Monday 27 March 2023

three cornered garlic

 


trying, (and failing!) to get my activity routine changed to suit my station in life. cycling is one area that it's moving towards what i want as i'm definitely a fair weather fellow now and my excursions outside are not session based, not numbers based but an attempt to get back to just larking about on the bike like i did when i was wee.

today's too lovely not to be out so i'm off for my first botany ride. there are precious few flowering plants out but they're getting. bittercress and chickweed are present, not that people really notice them and i saw my first coltsfoot (a sure sign of spring!) just the other day. came across lesser celandine down by the river last month so i'm expecting them to be out in force by now.

i do all the usual training stuff indoors but my method outdoors now is - take your time, stop, look about you!

*no three cornered garlic where i am these days but ramsons in evidence

No comments: