Monday 14 September 2020

and that'll be that

who can say where we'll be with covid and its manifestations by the time we get to here. i restarted posting for the initial lockdown thinking, foolishly, that it'd be a short term thing. the way things are looking i could post for the same time again and we'll still be living the after effects of covid! that said my numbers are back to what they were pre lockdown so it's time to call a halt.

so, never say never, but i think that's about it for me here. the blogosphere has changed fundamentally since i started doing this and, by any standard, is much less interactive (and interesting as a result i think) than it once was which, i guess, goes along with the development of social media generally. along with blogger changing their format yet again i'm just not comfortable with it.

what's been great about the whole thing is maintaining a regular practice of looking for, looking at and listening to new music and new art. unlike the like and move on culture of social media actually taking a bit of time, getting myself out of my comfort zone, my areas of linguistic and cultural familiarity have not only improved my appreciation but contributed to what i'm doing myself.

i can't recommend that process enough.....

No comments: