Wednesday 5 September 2012

strava

after a broken knee, whooping cough, pneumonia you'd think that'd be me for ill health for the year (this doesn't include any of t's in and out of hospital shenanigans!). and so did i. but no. too much fishing in sweden lead to much rubbing of the waders and a wee cellulitis that's just not pretty. so not pretty there will be no pictures of a 'that's got to hurt' variety bit suffice to say i top the lightweights on that wiki page. naturally, being a man, i have eschewed doctors, antobiotics or any of that malarkey and soldiered on. that is. at least my version. t's may be different...

btu now my legs settling it's hey ho and back on the bike. i finally succumbed to one of those posh phones recently and while i don't like them any the more they are a useful tool. too useful for me to resist the lure of the strava. i've never been much into the concept but the details you get from the app can't be beaten by a cycle computer so i wasn instantly hooked. and of course despite the fact i would never, ever succumb to any of that competitive nonsense the achievement of a segment top ten on my first ride out has made me smile. and next time i'll be giving it a real go!

2 comments:

Titus said...

Oh, you're kidding me! That is so, erm, gendered, if you know what I mean.

swiss said...

what can i say! there should be no surprise that every single one of the names on the strava lists i looked at was... you've guessed it! we never grow up!